Tuesday, December 18

Update.

Since it seems I can't grab 2 minutes together these days to post a quick blog...here's a glimpse at the last 3 weeks in our home:

We had a knock on our door last week...it was the flu. First it visited Kayla, then Kristiaan and finally me. I don't know how Aaron managed to escape, but he did. Brayden, of course, was immune to what I caught since I'm still nursing. Thank goodness - I couldn't stand to take a 2 month old to the hospital!

Our house is all decorated for Christmas. I have started a couple new traditions this year. One, is the 12 Days of Christmas Treats. Today is day 5 and so far I have made spritz cookies, peppermint bark, gingersnaps, oatmeal raspberry jam bars, fudge and Mexican wedding cakes. Still to come is divinity, magic cookie bars, sugar cookies, brittle, thumbprint cookies, and peanut butter balls (in that order). Please don't be surprised if I weigh 500 pounds next time you see me. The other tradition is gingerbread houses. Christa and Bobby are coming over on Sunday and we are going to have dinner and decorate our own houses with the kids.

I got my hair cut yesterday. When it gets long enough to pull back, it seems that is all I ever do with it. So, I had my stylist (who also used to babysit & live with us while she was going to Paul Mitchell hair school) cut it chin length with short layers. I LOVE it!!!

Oh, here's the November album. I was ambitious the beginning of the month and uploaded all the pictures...then I never got around to blogging so you can see them!

Brayden turned 2 months on the 8th. He smiles so much now and today when I went in to check on him in his crib and to see why he wasn't sleeping, he was almost rolling over (tummy to back). He got shots at his 2 month appointment and now weighs 11lbs 7 oz (49th percentile) and is 22 1/2 inches long (30th percentile). He is just soooooo precious and he's sleeping now 7 hours at night on a regular basis.

Okay, that's all. Be checking back for my next post about contentment. If you don't see it soon, be sure to ask! Thanks for checking in!

2 comments:

The Real Deal said...

OK, those November pictures are lovely and all, but what about pics of the new 'do? I mean, c'mon you made it sound great, so let's see it!

Julie said...

I love how you are starting your own Christmas traditions! I can't wait to start some with our kids. I guess one John and I have done sense we've been married is bake and decorate sugar cookies, so it will be fun when Braeden can join in. Also, I encouraged John to make "his" chocolate truffles" so maybe that will be a new tradition as well!