Tuesday, June 21

Scottish Quilt.

This is the quilt that I am working on. The castle that you see is not sewn on and I have 4 more appiques to put in the 4 blank white squares. It will be quite the eye-catcher when I am completed. The family who this was ordered for, loves it already.

They are (the husband at least) is of Scottish descent (Clan Irwin) and so the quilt (which is being made for their newborn son) is centered around that. The plaid you see is the clan's tartan. In the center top square is an embroidery of the family's crest. The bagpipes and kilt are, or course, the Scottish thing. Then the holly leaves are somehow tied in with how the clan started (or something) and then the castle in the middle is the Drum Castle which belongs to the Irwin clan (Irvine of Drum)

No comments: