Can you all believe that it is already the first of June? I cannot believe how fast time flies! The end of this month will mark 4 years of marriage for Aaron and I, and next month Kristiaan will be turning 2!
This week of absence in not due to the fact that I didn't want to blog. In fact, we have been gone for almost this whole time. Our landlord decided to fumigate our house (termites) so we had to be out for that and then it was the holiday weekend and we spent it with our almost family...the Normans. With 9 kids from 13 to 21 - all adopted - Kristiaan had such a great time being the center of attention! We went out to Canyon Lake (out by Lake Elsinore) off the I-15. Patti's mother has this huge weekend house right on the lake, so we just chilled there for 3 1/2 days. It was so fun!
On the flip side, I have to share our disasterous experience of the fumigation! It is quite humorous. To begin, we were told that the house was going to be tented on Thursday. I had just gotten back from San Jose, so I thought I had a few days to unpack and then repack to leave...well, a rep from the termite company came Tuesday morning to tell me about all the procedures and SURPRISE! the fumigation was actually scheduled for Wednesday...So, I am booking it all day Tuesday to get out stuff packed up, and the food secured and stuff.
Wednesday morning, I get up at the crack of dawn to load up the car. Then I wait around for hours before I finally call wondering where they are. The guys are running late and won't be here until the afternoon...thanks for the call! So, I leave the keys in the mailbox and take off for Yorba Linda where we had a great time staying with Trevor and Michelle and the Paynters. On Wednesday night, after the house had been tented and gassed, some neighborhood punks decided it would be funny to hop our fence and slash the tents around back - letting all the gas out.
So, on Thursday, I get a call saying that they had to regas the place and our reentry time would be pushed back further. We were supposed to be heading out of town early on Friday (Aaron took the day off), but now we had to stick around until 5:00 so we could go and repack for the weekend. We show up at 5:00 and no one is around. The fumigation company puts locks over your doorknobs so you can't get in until they clear the house. We waited around 3 hours (placing many calls to the company) before the guy FINALLY shows up.
After a great and relaxing weekend, we came home on Monday evening and discovered that the gas company did not come on Saturday as scheduled to turn the gas back on! So, I was just hanging out yesterday waiting to take a shower, and do some laundry! It's funny how sometimes things happen that are just a series of unfortunate events! Yeah, it's funny to me now!
Wednesday, June 1
Where Does The Time Go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












1 comment:
Hi Alicia-
Wow, what a crazy week it sounds like you've had! The days at the lake sound so wonderful, but I know what you mean about things being such a "series of unfortunate events"...I've had a few of those myself this week. Talk to you soon:)
-Christa
Post a Comment