Tuesday, January 3

Babies, Nachos And New Years

Hello persistant readers! I hope that you had a wonderful New Year's and that you haven't made any resolutions that you don't intend to keep! I, personally, don't make New Year's resolutions because I lack the discipline to actually follow through with them. That, or my resolutions are way to high to achieve! HaHaHa!

We had a wonderful, relaxing celebration. Our good friends Trevor, Michelle and Rob came over and we had dinner, nachos, brownies with ice cream, and other good things to eat. We also played games and watched a pretty boring movie with Audrey Hepburn in it. But, hey, it was fun to be with good friends and just not have a huge bustle of activity. Funny enough, the most activity that went on was that for some reason our carpet was magnitized for spills and people were spilling on it all night long - from soda to coffee!!!

So, today was my first doctor's appointment. I switched medical groups so that I can deliver at a different hospital than I did with Kristiaan. Not that St. Jude wasn't excellent! I just would like to try out other atmospheres and options. Anyhow, I was SO EXCITED to discover that I got to have an ultrasound today! With Kristiaan, I only had the 20 week one and all my friends (and sister) got to have two or more!!!

So, I got to see the little peanut (actually, olive size) moving around and it was just so priceless! I was a bit relieved to know that there was only one baby bouncing around in there. I have felt so HUGE that I was getting a bit nervous that there would be 2...twins are in the family. Not this time - just a bit of extra weight that I never got around to shedding. Aaron was sad to have missed it, but I didn't know it was going to happen otherwise he would have taken the day off.

I have been on a bit of a nacho craze this week. Those of you who know me know that I love nachos! And I can be a bit of a snob about it...no grated real cheese - it has to be the ooey gooey kind, with certian chips and toppings...and then you've got to top it off with fresh ground pepper! Ohhhh, they are soo good! Anyhow, tonight, Aaron and I had our 4th plate in a week of this wonderful stuff! Aaron has been a good sport knowing that at least I am eating...and he's not very picky as long as he's eating too. I think we'll lay off the nachos for a bit now, otherwise I am going to be as big as a house!!!!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Ok, what is with the twin thing?! I had an irrational fear of twins, too, for no reason though. Glad you got the u/s you wanted and that all went well.
We so have to get together to play Loaded Questions, and yes you can make nachos for the occasion!

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

when will you post again dear friend? I want to hear about all the everydayness of your life! I miss it!