Wednesday, December 21

Christmas Time.

Things are going well around here post all the fun parties and in the quiet before Christmas. It's kind of funny how we are all in a flurry before Christmas, going to all sorts of events and celebrations, and yet days before the actual holiday, you are sitting aaround with nothing to do but wrap a mountain of gifts. I have been reflecting more this year than ever before the focus of our hearts during this holiday. I know that I, myself, can get so swept up in the merriment that I am too pooped to actually focus on the real meaning. I just hope that we can turn our focus to Christ a little more this year while we are sharing Christmas with my sister in San Jose.

Pregnancy news: We had to toss our Chirstmas tree last night. The smell was making me so nausiated that I asked Aaron if we could just take it down. It's a bummer not to see it and our neighbors must think we are insane seeing our tree in the driveway ALREADY! However, the bonus is that I don't have to smell it anymore and when we get back from San Jose, we won't have to do it then.

I know and have read many times that each pregnancy is different and boy is that correct. I have got the nastiest case of all-day sickness. I can function fine until, without notice, it hits me like a ton of bricks and I have to go lay down before I hurl! I have a pretty strong stomach, so I can usually control the urge, but still...to have that feeling haunt you all day is a big bummer. It's the worst around 8:00 in the evening when it usually doesn't leave until I got to sleep. Well, only 5 more weeks until the end of the trimester and then I am looking forward to getting my energy back and feeling much better.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

I hope that you are feeling better now, you are in our prayers!