Thursday, April 19

Rich Kids...

I'd just like to make an observation here. I began attending college almost 12 years ago now. When I was at Biola, a lot of the kids didn't have cars and those who did had your basic Honda, Toyota, Ford, etc. There were a bunch who had trucks and a few with SUVs. The rest drove total beater cars because their parents were already forking out money for college and therefore couldn't afford anything more (either that or the student paid for it themselves.)

My point??? Well, living just down the street from Biola I always see cars out and about with the campus parking sticker in the back window. Sure, I still see the old hand-me down cars...but WHAT IS WITH all the Lexus, BMW, Mercades, Acura, and SUVs?!?!?!?! I seriously sound like one of those people who wishes stamps were still a quarter. I know that times are changing and stuff, but there is some SERIOUS money going around that even people's kids live in luxury! Sheesh.

Okay, I'm done.

No comments: