Friday, June 13

We Made It!

Well, we finally made the move and are now about a week here in our new place. It has been really crazy! We were out of our house by 11:30 on the 7th...and of course we left the place in pristine condition! On Saturday morning 99% of our things were in the garage ready to be moved into the truck. After everone was up, dressed and fed, I moved the remaining things out and did a final vacuum. It was really nice to leave the keys on the counter and not have to come back to do anything else.

On the flip-side, I was really bummed to walk into a place that was dirty, but I suppose that's the nature of things! I told Aaron that the deep-cleaning part of a new place really helps it to make it ours! HaHaHa!!! Aside from that, I love our place and although it is taking a lot longer to unpack than it used to - we're getting there. Because we have such laid back landlords (again!), I already have started my list of the things we are going to tackle to make this place wonderful! The list, of course if for each room as well as plans for the outside landscaping =) I love being able to personalize - too bad we're not homeowners as it would be a better investment. Oh well, I consider these places our practice runs, then we'll be old pros by the time we actually purchase.

In addition to the moving, we were able to catch up with out of town friends (from Alabama) on Tuesday, visit with Aaron's parents (out from Tennesee) on Tuesday and Wednesday and also have Bobby and Christa over for dinner! Aside from all the boxes and not being able to access my dishes and cookware, it was so great to be able to entertain in our new place! Once we get more settled, Ill try to remember to post some pictures!

No comments: