Friday, January 21

18 Month Milestone.

Today Kristiaan turned 18 months. Aaron and I have decided (which means I really wanted to do it, and he said okay ) that we will have a small celebration for our kids on their half-birthdays. I think that it is just a special way to acknowledge them and reaffirm how special they are. So, when Aaron got home from work, we had a kid spread of hot dogs and mac and cheese for dinner (yum!) Then we had cupcakes and Kristiaan got to open a couple things that we got for him. It was actually so much fun! Kristiaan was so into the presents. I hope this is not a bad beginning...

I just cannot believe that my baby is so big already! He is cutting his 11, 12 & 13th teeth right now. Just 6 months ago, he only had TWO!!!! He is so good at pointing out body parts...and although he still says very little, he is pretty good at communicating what he wants! He is even bothered by a dirty diaper and walks around sometimes just tugging at it until I change it! I just love him so much and cannot even remember (nor do I want to) my life without him!

Enjoy the pictures that I have posted below! Oh, and although this was on a very small scale, I am still going to add this party to my count on the right because there WAS cake, there WERE presents, and there definately was celebrating!

1 comment:

Julie said...

He is just so cute, Alicia. That's a really neat idea to celebrate half birthday's. Especially when from one birthday to the next seems like eternity for a child. My half birthday is on our wedding anniversary - so I celebrate mine too =)