Monday, January 31

Parties and Blankets

I have been MIA this last week because I have been working on a blanket which is my best work yet!!! (I have posted pictures below) I was trying to finish this blanket for a customer who ordered it back in December; she is having a baby in March and the baby room is Americana (how cute!!!) So, I spent hours putting this blanket together - sewing, fringing, and ragging....but wait!!! When I threw it in the wash to create the rag effect, the red cordoury bled into everything!!! The blanket was ruined. Needless to say, I was a HUGE basket case over this ordeal! So, I proceeded to sit down with my seam-ripper and take the entire blanket apart so that I could replace 16 of the 121 squares (I replaced the cream squares that had turned pink). After slaving over the reconstruction for another 12 hours, I naively threw the blanket in the wash the second time. Seriously, Aaron should've just hauled me off to the looney bin!

Finally, admitting defeat with the stubborn blanket, I dragged myself out to the fabric store and THANK GOODNESS they had just enough of the Americana fabric for me to make a whole new blanket. Wiser now, I washed all the fabric (separately) in hot water until it stopped bleeding! The blanket is a work of art...my favorite one yet!

This weekend was also pretty packed (amid the sewing) with two more parties which brings our count to 7. On Saturday, we drove down to San Diego to attend an engagement party for Aaron's sister Karyn and her fiance, Andy. It was so cool to get to meet Andy's family...they are the most welcoming, friendly people! Then, on Sunday, we attended the 1st birthday party of Makayla, daughter of our friends Mike and Evette. It was so fun playing at the park and visiting with their friends and family. Kristiaan, however, has taken a turn this last few days into a tantrum throwing, whining, on-my-way-to-being-two phase. Just when you think that your child is perfect in every way, God has a way of reminding you that we are all human! What a sense of humor!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to pop in and say hi. We think of all of you often. Kristiaan is so adorable and believe it or not a lot like Brandon. Brandon doesn't care for chocolate or frosting either and when it comes to ice cream he likes it "vanilla, plain" and that's exactly how he orders it. Take care, we love you lots, Aunt Trina.

Anonymous said...

Oops, forgot to tell you the blanket is beautiful! Trina