Monday, May 23

Kids Do The Most Amazing....

Kristiaan turned 22 months over the weekend and along with all this growing up comes more words, and big boy actions. Tonight, after Aaron gave him a bath, Kristiaan was insistant that he had to use the potty...in fact, he practically climbed into the toilet! So, Aaron sat him on the seat and Kristiaan promptly tinkled into the toilet!!! I wish that you could've seen his face, he was so proud of himself! So, maybe the next thing to do is buy one of those smaller seats to put on the big toilet so that Kristiaan won't fall in!

As I am typing this monumental news in our family, I just laugh at what we, as parents, talk about. I mean, it is kinda a weird thing to talk about, but yet so exciting when it is your baby who starts potty training himself! Aside from this milestone, Kristiaan also said his name last week - Bubba (which is what we call him a lot) and he also has started saying more than one word at a time. On Friday, he said "Look Dada!"

My trip home yesterday was pretty uneventful. I made a new record and arrived home in less than 5 hours...in mean, what else is there to do when you have 350 miles ahead of you and no one to talk to? I miss the folks up north, but am happy to be back. This week will be pretty busy as our landlord is geting the house fumigated over the weekend. I need to get everything together to be vactioning at the Norman's lake house, and get all the food and baby stuff packed up to vacate the premises.

It seems that we may be adding a new member to our family. We have been wanting to get a dog for quite some time now and have been checking out many options over the last year. However, just a few days ago a professor posted on Biola's website that they are looking for a new home for their 5 year-old dog. It is a 1/2 Whippet 1/2 Border Collie. Her name is Josie and she loves being around kids and is very great for a family! We are going to be meeting her the beginning of next week and will decide we if are a good match for her. I am really excited for Kristiaan and hope that it works out!

Keep reading...pictures of Olivia below!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, ALicia, how fun! I hope getting a dog works out for you. John and I just love our puppy, although he is a hyper one! He's a lover not a figher. All he wants is for us to give him attention, or anyone to give him attnetion for that matter =).
Happy dog hunting (oops that doesn't sound quite right - how about happy dog adoption looking? =)