Sunday, October 16

Moving Days.

This weekend Aaron and I have been going non-stop for about 18 hours a day. I have been putting in a lot of time helping out Michelle with their move. She needs an extra pair of hands ..just having the two kids is already a handful! So, today Aaron and I pitched in and helped load up all their stuff from storage and then after it was all safely in their new place, we cleaned and cleaned and organized...it was really fun!!! And we'll be doing it again tomorrow too...I told Michelle that if we both worked in it continuously, we could have them all settled in within the week.

Then, I got a call from my sister Christa today. She was at Disneyland - which I had missed her email aobut the date that they would be down here...so Aaron, Kristiaan and I headed over to Disneyland about 10:00 this evening. Here's the funny thing, I kept calling Christa to tell her that we were on our way, we'd arrived, we were in the park, etc. and there was no answer (her phone was dead)...so I thought, well we will just have to walk around in the park until we hear from Christa. So we did that and I told Aaron that we should head over to Indiana Jones thinking that they would go there after the fireworks. The thing about Disneyland is that finding anyone without any set plan is like finding a needle in a haystack!!! So, we headed over to Indiana Jones and lo and behold - there was Christa and Bobby coming up behind us! She was so surprised since she hadn't heard my messages...it was fun hanging out with them for a couple of hours. I really miss not living close to my sisters. We could be so much more involved in each others lives if we just moved closer. Oh well...not the plan for us, I guess.

Anyhow, it was a fun fulfilling day today and I look forward to doing it again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Christa Blakey said...

Hi Alicia-
It was good to see you guys at Disneyland this weekend! Big moving week, eh?...if only we lived closer maybe you'd help us move Saturday. I'm glad you are back to blogging. I liked hearing about your MOPS trip, sounds like it was a profitable time. Hope you're feeling better!
-Christa