Monday, September 15

Catch Up.

Wow, since my last post sooo much has happened and I now have a mental checklist a mile long of what has been going on. Right after my last post, I fully intended to post this adorable video I had of Brayden, just at another time since doing the pictures took sooo long!




Then, later that evening, it was haircut time for the boys (Bubba and Aaron). Every time I cut Kristiaan's hair, Kayla totally wants in on the action and so I decided that on this particular evening, I would cut her hair too! I have been trying, ever since her hair actually started growing, to get it all one length and thus be able to grow out longer. Here is her ADORABLE new look!



Of course a week or so later (last Wednesday), I had my friend Mindi come over and chop my hair, as well as fix anything uneven that I caused in Kayla's hair. You'll be happy to know that there wasn't much to fix! Yay! Kristiaan cut Aaron's hair while I was on the computer later. He did a really good job! All I had to do was a few passes and the trimming around the neck and ears. There are more haircut pictures in the August album if you are interested!


That following Monday was Labor Day and we had a great time hanging out with Christa and Bobby! Later that night, we got a phone call that Aaron's 95-year old Grandpa Jake had a heart attack earlier that evening and was in the hospital in Redlands (were he lives). Aaron and I jumped in the car at 10pm (Christa graciously came over and stayed here while the kids slept) and made a quick round trip (back at 1am) to Redlands to see Grandpa. Early Thursday morning, he went to be with the Lord. It was a bittersweet passing as Grandpa Jake was dearly loved, but his health had been deteriorating over the last several years and we know that he was ready to go be renewed and be with Jesus!

On Wednesday, my sister Gretchen came into town with her family and stayed with us for a few days. We went to Disneyland and just hung out...by that weekend the Men's Conference at church was in full swing and, oh yeah! Kristiaan had finished his first week of school!

Bubba loves Kindergarten. He has been so ready for school even before he turned 4! It was so fun to take him to meet his teacher the Thursday prior to school starting and to see his classroom. I love that I can envision him throughout his day going to all the places in his class and playground that I was able to see beforehand. It's really fun to hear about his day each day, although the challenge is to get out of him WHAT he actually did! HaHaHa! I have started asking him to tell me 5 (because he's 5) interesting things that happened that day. I think it'll help him to think more about the things that actually did happen rather than clumping everything under stories, songs, recess, snack, craft and leaving!!!! HaHaHaHa! The first day of school wasn't so difficult as the parents actually had to be there. The time was spent going over procedures and stuff to orient the parents on what to expect. The second day of school, however (Wednesday) was a bit sad when I dropped my baby off and waved goodbye. I actually had a hard time turning the stroller around and walk back to the car...even after he had already gone into his classroom with the door closing behind the teacher. However, with the news of Aaron's grandpa and Gretchen coming into town later that day, I didn't get to dwell much on it.

Sunday and Monday (yes, I have only just covered a week!) were spent in Redlands helping Aaron's parents clean out, paint and prepare Grandpa Jake's house to put on the market. Tuesday we picked up Nate (Aaron's brother) from the airport and enjoyed having him for the evening before putting him on a train the next morning to go to Redlands to help out the parents. I forgot to mention that Aaron was able to get the week off of work which really helped with all the driving back and forth, and having the family in town and stuff. Thursday was another day spent in Redlands for Grandpa Jake's memorial service and visiting with family.

Then of Friday, ALL of Aaron's family (parents, Nate and sister Karyn with her husband and daughter) came down to our house and spent 2 very fun days with us!!! We were packed into our 2 bedroom condo, but surprisingly we had enough room! The one bathroom...well, that's another story! HaHaHa! We had such a great time visiting with all of them since they live in Tennessee now and we rarely get to visit. We spent most of the day on Saturday at Disneyland and CA Adventure. By noon on Sunday, everyone was gone. It has been such a busy last couple weeks for sure!!!! We look forward to seeing Aaron's parents again before they head back to Tennessee (once they get Grandpa's things in order), but until then we are just going to focus on getting back into our routines and taking care of business.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

We had a great time with you!! Thank you SO much for your great hospitality!!!