Thursday, February 3

When Things Go Bad.

You know, these last few day have really been like a small cut suddenly submerged in lemon juice...toss a little salt in the mix and you've got it just about right! After the whole catastrophe with the Americana ragtime quilt was straightened out, I was able to deliver it to my customer and in return (rather than a payment) I got around 30 dozen Party Lite candles....yes, she's a consultant! I would say it was a pretty cool trade!

However, we have been having problems with our washer not draining and such. So, our landlord called his nephew who is a plumber and had him come out and fix the problem - which turned out to be about half a dozen problems with the pipes under the house. Yesterday around noon, Jason announced that he was finally finished with the plumbing repairs and I was excited to be able to get some laundry done later that evening. Well, about 10:00 last night, I discovered that even though the washing machine drainage problem had been fixed, it was no longer spinning!!! There's Aaron and I wringing out sopping wet clothes and tossing them into the dryer. When we are finished, I throw in a Bounce sheet and...wait, WHAT IN THE WORLD!?!?!? The dryer won't start! Turns out the washer and dryer plotted to bust at the same time so as to create a hilarious situation (one in which I burst into tears!)

After a pretty stressful evening and waking up with one pounding headache...I jump into the shower only to find out that it no longer has water pressure, the toilet won't flush and the sink is draining at snail speed!

I tell you, trusting the Lord in the midst of your house falling down around your ears, in not one of my strongest traits. I about threw in the towel and jumped back in bed! But, the anticipation of the new semester of MOPS starting at 9:00am spurned me to pull myself together and get out the door. By the time I left MOPS at 11:30, I was just so filled that I forgot all my worries at home. Our speaker, the creator of MOPS (who we heard from via video) was speaking on the Fruits of the Spirit (which, coincidentally is the theme for MOPS this year) and I was just so encouraged to keep my heart open to the Lord through all the event in my life (even the tough ones) and let Him grow in me the Fruits of the Spirit.

I spent the rest of the afternoon with Michelle and we had a wonderful time browsing through cookbooks and talking a mile a minute as we always do. I love good friends! Tonight, Aaron and I went on our regular date night. We went to the cheap theater ($1.50 per ticket) by our house and saw Ladder 49....WOW!!! It was a really good movie! So, now the weekend is here and I look forward to a really fun and relaxing time. Thank goodness no parties this weekend!

No comments: