Yes, it have been over 3 weeks since my last post. And what a time to drop the updates!!! There has been so much going on that I am not sure if I can say it all in this post...so, short version as follows:
The third week in March, I was working myself to the bone on all sorts of little projects that was going to make up one really great baby shower that I was throwing for my sister Gretchen. Aaron had decided to take of the entire week before Easter which gave me less time to finish my projects since we had decided to go ahead and head north for that whole week!
We drove up to San Jose on Monday and spent a wonderful and fulfilling week with my sister and brother-in-law. I love spending time with Gretchen...we talked non-stop, and did all sorts of fun stuff...like painting the baby's room, making cookies, working on baby shower projects. Unfortunately, time never seems to be on our side and the week flew by at warp speed! Gretchen's shower, however was wonderful! She had so many people come and we had a really wonderful time! I also got to have a really nice visit with one of my other sisters, Christa, while I was up there. We shopped around the mall a bit and then parked ourselves outside of Starbucks and had a good chat (we were taking advantage of some free time while Monica - one of my other sisters- got her hair done).
Okay, a litte side note...every time that I go up north, the change in humidity or something kills me! I end up being as so dry and chapped the entire time I am there. My lips are so dry that I am like drowning them in Carmex....then right before I leave, I break out in a fever blister! The funny thing is Gretchen says that she feels the same way when she comes down here...so I am not sure if it's the humidity!
On Easter, we headed over to the Monterey area and had a wonderful visit with my grandparents and a bunch of other relatives. Around 10:00pm, as were were relaxing at my Uncle Russ' house, I had the sudden urge to sleep in my own bed! We planned to drive home Monday morning, but I just couldn't wait! So, we hopped in the car and drive 6 hours back home (in the rain). However, the feel of my own house (and bed) at 3am was SOOOOOO worth it!
This last week, I was also working long days preparing for another baby shower!!! Our good friends, Trevor and Michelle, are also having a baby the end of April and so I threw my first ever couples shower. It turned out to be so fun and relaxing!
After sleeping most of the day today, I somehow feel a sense of emptiness not having to rush around preparing for something. I plan on just wrapping up a few projects that have been sitting around in my craft room before I begin my new business venture...plenty of time to prepare since I won't launch it until the fall. So, I have 2 more events to add to my count...and 1 wedding and 2 babies to look forward to before the month is over. It's also my birthday, but usually I have become to busy to anticipate that as I used to. Oh well.
Sunday, April 3
I know, I know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












1 comment:
Glad you're back! Happyu Birthday!
Post a Comment