Thursday, March 16

Crafty Lady.

Today was MOPS and I just love planning the crafts and watching the women learn new things and display their uniqueness. Today, I taught them how to cover boxes with fabric. There are always a few steps that I do for them first so that the craft can be completed in the allotted time, but the ladies this morning had so much fun!

I picked out a different fabric for each box and it is so fun to see how the fabric that each woman picked was just so right for them!!! As everyone left, carrying out their boxes, I really enjoyed seeing how they each embellished their boxes so beautifully and differently from each other. Some used just ribbon around the box. Some integrated buttons or bows...some just chose the simple route and did nothing. Whatever they did, the boxes looked amazing! I am always encouraged when people approach me with their "How To" sheet in hand to make sure they know what supplies to buy. This tells me that my purpose was fulfilled because they want to make more! Today, I even had one of the moms ask if I was a professional crafter =) How sweet of her!

Following MOPS I had my first appointment with my new OB and I absolutely LOVED her! Her office was decorated so beautifully (it seriously was like Pottery Barn) and she had toys and books for kids in the waiting room as well as the exam rooms. So unlike your normal doctor's office...it felt like I was in someone's home, complete with paint, curtains and all the little touches! The doctor herself was so warm and friendly and imformative about everything. I am so glad that I switched!

Aaron had a dentist appointment this morning, so he just took the entire day off. It was nice having him around...playing with the kids at MOPS, going to the doctor with me...we even went out to lunch and then he took Kristiaan to Disneyland this afternoon while I got to take a nice looooong nap. It's been a good day.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Those boxes sound like a neat craft! I'll have to get the directions from you sometime.
J