Thursday, September 20

Consider It Joy.

Did she have the baby??? What happened to Alicia! Sorry folks. I'm still here, baby intact - HaHa! I admit that I have not been blogging because honestly, I have nothing good to say.

Now before you draw any conclusions from that, its not that I don't have anything newsworthy or worth reporting...it's that what I would have had to share was not good in nature! This last week and a half or so has had so many ups and downs that all I would have done was whine and complain and say not-no-nice things. So, I decided just not to say anything.

This morning I was contemplating joy and I was convicted over my lack of it lately. Joy is not being happy and having things go my way. Joy comes from our hope in God and the firm conviction that He is in control - IN SPITE of our present circumstances. So...got the pregnancy blues? - God is in control! 4-year old driving you nuts? - God is in control! Finances giving you a headache? - God is in control!

James 1:2-4 - "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."

Please be encouraged today in whatever trials you are facing that God's plan is to mature you in your faith. He is testing you, so don't give up!

1 comment:

Christa Blakey said...

This is such an encouraging reminder, Alicia! No matter what we face God is powerful and in control of it all and if we are His children, is working it out for our good. You didn't think you had anything good to say and then here you go writing this!!!