This last weekend has been a whirlwind of activitiy. After my post on Thurdasy, we have been having a ton of up and downs with this little guy inside. Thursday evening I started not feeling like myself while we were at church. By 3am I was timing contractions. Even though they were 5-10 minutes apart, they only lasted 30-45 seconds and by 7am, they stopped. I was feeling really frustrated being up all night, anxious that Aaron was going to miss the men's retreat and that I was going to miss the first morning of Navigating Motherhood! Well, by 5:00pm on Friday we realized that labor was not going to start and Aaron went ahead and headed to Pali mountain to spend quality time at the guys retreat while Aaron's mom came and stayed with us here.
Friday night to Saturday night was pretty uneventful. I had some pretty uncomfortable contractions during that time but they were scattered and not very long in duration. I spent most of the weekend shopping and gathering together all the things for Brayden. As of right now, we have most everything we need and all we are waiting for is our little pun'kin.
The last 24 hours have been pretty draining. Aaron got home from the retreat and his mom headed home. At 2:30am the contractions started up again. This time they lasted 60-90 seconds or more and were about 5-7 minutes apart. After another night of timing for 3 hours, I was convinced this time we were ready. I called Christa at 5:30 and she headed over. By 7am we got checked into the hospital....only to have them STOP!!!! The hugest bummer is that after all the contration drama in the last 48 hours, I hadn't dialated a stitch more than the 2cm that I was on Thursday. 2 hours of monitering and we headed home feeling totally bummed out and tired as can be.
Aaron headed up to work for a few hours and I took the kids to Disneyland with Bobby, Christa, Ty & Tyler. I needed a change of scenery and the exercise hopefully helped. After a 3 hour nap, we have been taking it easy and hope to get off to bed pretty soon...just in case. I admit that I am kinda discouraged over this whole drama. I am finding it hard to focus on the other daily things that our lives consist of - I mean we do have other things going on than just a birth! HaHaHa! I have been reminding myself all evening that God's plan is perfect and He already has Brayden's birthday picked out...we just need to trust the process of getting there - remembering that there is nothing that we can do to change or control the situation.
Monday, October 1
Whirlwind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment