Thursday, December 23

All I Can Say Is WOW!

Tonight I just witnessed the most amazing spectacle of Philharmonic meets hard rock band! The Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert was just so amazing! The way that these musicians took beloved traditional Christmas songs and mixed them with an electric guitar and drums was just so awesome! And the lights/lasers that went along with it - WOW!!!! Seriously, this concert was a Christmas concert that followed a story line narrated by this guy with a deep sultry voice....in between narrations, there was music like I have never heard before...Good King Wenceslas, Joy to the World, We Three Kings, even the Russian Dancers song from the Nutcracker....all played with a rock flair. Sure, there were the string instruments, but WOW!!!! It does not take much for music to sweep me up and carry me away. I was totally in awe.

So, yeah, I may not get out much, or see very many concerts...but I did go to the Philharmonic in college while I was taking Intro to Music, and I all can say is it was definately not this much fun! I highly recommend seeing the Trans-Siberian Orchestra....it was well worth the time and money (if we had actually bought the tickets). I was really not even into going and was glad we weren't staying the entire time (due to Kristiaan being up way past his bedtime)...and in the end, I was really bummed that we had to leave so soon!

No comments: