Well, yesterday was the annual Christmas Party and it was an amazing and fun filled event (as always)! You know, one year, I should just not do anything as far as planning because the parties just seem to run themselves. This year the theme was Christmas morning...so everyone came in their jammies (and we had a TON of cute jammies!), we ate breakfast food and then we "opened stockings" for the annual gift exchange. It was so fun! It has become tradition now to play a rousing game of holiday pictionary. The group has seemed to just split into guys against girls and the guys had gotten their backsides kicked for the last 3 years. This year...they won!!! You should have seen them leap around like little kids! It really was an awesome night! For the gift exchange I got a gift certificate for a massage (Trevor and Michelle's stocking) and boy am I excited to do that!!! I have never gotten a massage before....yeah!!!
The thing that really made my evening is when, out of the blue, I am presented with a card that was pretty much a "thanks for all you've done" type thing. Everyone had signed it and it really was so sweet. When I actually read the card closer (after just scanning it so as to not be rude sitting there reading forever) I realized that there was more to the surprise than just the card. They pulled from behind the Christmas tree a huge gift! Okay, I am like the hardest person in the world to surprise (probably just because I just am in on everything - or heading it up!) I tear into my present and everyone had gone together and bought me a brand new (and very nice) sewing machine!!!! Seriously, I was so taken off guard by such thoughtfulness of these people who I love so much...I just started crying! Even now, I have no idea what I did do deserve such a loving act...but it made me feel so special and so loved and so appreciated! I find out that Wendy had put this all together and she had been plotting with Aaron and Michelle for a month! I just cannot express how touched I was...and still am. Thank you Wendy and thank you everyone!!!!!
Am am now halfway through my holiday and and have having so much fun amidst the stress and nervous breakdowns. I love the holidays! Aaron and I are going to one last Christmas party at the country club tomorrow and this weekend will be my very first event planning job! Wendy's mom is getting married and she has hired me to plan her reception. It'll be at my house as the wedding is fairly small. I am really excited about this opportunity! Then, to wrap it up, we are having Christmas at our house and it'll be so fun to make new traditions and even use some that we grew up with!
Sunday, December 12
Half Time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment