Last night Aaron and I went to bed around midnight...as we always do. I remember commenting on what a really great day it had been. I was in my jammies until about 5:00. I had gotten all the cleaning and organizing of the house done after the party explosion! I even had lots of time to lay around and relax, play with Kristiaan and even eat dinner at the table!
Well, it was not meant to be so picture perfect! About 1:30 our roommate Lauretta wakes us up saying that there is smoke. So, we lunge out of bed and go check it out. Upon opening the door, we are greeted with a smell so overpowering that I thought I was going to be sick! The front of the house is filled with the haze of smoke....Once we investigated more, we found that a piece of the diswasher had dislodged and was lying on the coil that heat dries the dishes. It was pretty much smouldering and produced the grossest plastic smell that almsot made me hurl!!!
We opened all the windows of the house for the night and by this morning, there's just a trace of the scent that'll be gone by lunch...hopefully! Seriously, shouldn't pieces to the dishwasher be melt-proof? Things of ours have dropped down there, and it has NEVER smelled that bad!
Monday, December 13
Wretched Smells!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment