I have finally finished all my Chirstmas shopping! We just had a couple people left...but nevertheless, getting it all done is always a huge sigh of relief. Aaron and I wil sit down tonight and finish wrapping all the goodies and stuffing the stockings. The only thing I need to do in preparation for the family coming is buying the food. I know, it's a big thing but I'll just do it in the morning!
Tonight we are going to see the Trans-Siberian Orchestra in concert. Aaron won 4 tickets at the Los Coyotes Country Club holiday party. Yeah! So, we are going to take Josh and Wendy with us. It'll be fun to just break away from reality for a few hours.
I know that I already mentioned this, but I didn't get a chance to get out Christmas cards this year (which I am going to try and shoot for New Years). Anyhow, Aaron was like "Oh, it's alright because we probably won't get many this year (because we barely do)" Now, I am looking at my wall filled with a couple dozen cards feeling totally loved and worse at the same time!!!! It's the thought that counts right??? At least I thought about it! HeeHee.
I have, however, almost completed my holiday baking. Over the last couple days I have made 10 batches of fudge consisting of plain, peanut butter, mint and coconut; cinnamon peanut brittle, peppermint bark, and spritz cookies. All I need to do is make a Yule Log and some gingerbread cookies. I also have bought a truckload of candy, a tin of popcorn and let's not forget the candy canes!
Amidst all this preparation, I am looking forward to relaxing tomorrow and the rest of the weekend - focusing on my family and Christ's birth...which is, after the, the real reason we celebrate this holiday! Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 23
Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment