Yesterday, Aaron's parents came up to visit. Kristiaan loves his Grandpa and Grandma and is now at the age of recognizing and remembering that he loves them even if he hasn't seen their faces everyday. When they pulled up to our house, Kristiaan ran out to greet them at the gate and from then on only wanted to be with Grandpa or Grandma....or in their jeep "driving".
When our washer and dryer broke down last week, Aaron had called his parents to see if we could borrow an extra dryer that they had. They took compassion upon us and told us that they wanted to give us the gift of a new washing machine. I was so touched by that. Right away, I started researching washing machines online and found a really nice midline one from GE that had all the features that I would like and it was big enough and EnergyStar effecient!
When Aaron's parents came up, we went out to lunch (another great treat) and then browsed around at Home Depot and Lowe's looking at the appliances. You'd think appliances would be more expensive at these places, but they were actually the best buys! When we arrived at Lowe's, I spotted the washer that I had my eye on and proceeded to check out all the features. Aaron and his dad made a beeline for this washer/dryer set sitting in the middle of an isle (apparently marked down). They called me over to check it out and it was a really nice GE Profile washer and dryer with the whole button pad and fancy stuff. Not only that, but the washer was bigger then the one I was looking at and had almost a dozen more (and better) features than the other one. The best thing about it is that is was discounted over hundred dollars and ended up being only 30.00 more than the one I had my eye on. Having to be convinced that this was the better buy (which was defiantely true, but I didn't want to ask Aaron's parents to spends more!), I agreed that the Profile was a good choice. I made a brief mental note of the cost of the dryer so that Aaron and I could come back in a couple weeks and purchase it.
While Aaron's mom and I were checking out all the cool features, Aaron's dad went to the counter to purchase it. The manager at the counter apparently couldn't figure out why that set had been marked down (and alluded to the fact that there was a mistake) but had to sell it for that price anyways. When the sales assicociate came back to put a sold sign on the washer, I was floored to see him put one on the dryer also! Aaron's parents were so generous that they bought us the whole set!!!! With the mark down, and an additional rebate, they got a really great deal too!
This whole story is just another reminder that God is always watching over us. He knows what our needs are and already knows how to meet them before we even ask. I felt so bad at thought that Aaron and I actually had a fight over the aspect of having to purchase a new dryer, and God had already met that need. Just makes me think about the question of how much of my life do I actually lay before God? I tend to be more on the selfish side of wanting to be in control of my own life. Yet, God keeps proving that he is faithful...even when I am not.
Monday, February 7
The Joys of Laundry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












1 comment:
What a blessing! I struggle hard with the same thing, wanting to be incontrol of my own life. Thanks for the wonderful reminder of who really is encharge and who knows our every need, even before we do!
Post a Comment