Sunday, February 20

Raining Oranges.

Okay folks, what was UP with the huge thunder storm Saturday in the wee hours of the morning? According to Wendy, the first wave hit about 4am...I must have missed that one, but then at 5am, I was launched out of sleep by thunder so loud, I thought the roof was caving in! Aaron and Kristiaan, of course slept right through it! I lay there for 45 minutes listening to the rain pounding on the roof and watching lightning flash in the darkness as I counted the seconds until the thunder sounded. Normally, I am not scared of such storms, but when you are awakened by the sound, your heart starts pounding and it takes a while to settle again.

The ruckus must have disturbed Kristiaan's sleep a little, because the next time I woke up it was 11:00 and the house was fast asleep!

Today after church, Aaron, Nate, Kristiaan and I went out to Redlands to drop in on Grandpa Voss and wish him a happy birthday (he turned 92 on Thursday). After hanging out for a few hours, we headed over to Aunt Betty's on our way home and picked a TON of oranges from her orchard. She had given us like a 10 gallon bag, and once we filled it with oranges, I just didn't feel like we had enough...so we went back, three more times! We just dumped the bag into the truck and headed back out to the orchard. We have so many oranges now that I can make as much fresh-squeezed orange juice as I like!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Fresh orange juice sounds wonderful
!. Boy, you all down there are getting like 10 times the amount of rain we are up here.