Friday, September 24

Movies in the Park.

It was a very happy surprise yesterday afternoon when Aaron called me and said that he was taking off tomorrow...just because. I was soo excited! See, I have been griping for some time now that Aaron never takes off time just for me. He takes off so we can take Kristiaan to the doctor, so he can get his car fixed, so he can help Jim propose to Rachel, and he even takes off to golf! So, you can imagine how happy I was that he took off just for me!

I was up and getting ready this morning and I told Aaron that I was going to go up to the mall before an appointment that I had at noon. I told him he could sleep in and I would get Kristiaan breakfast and stuff. Well, moments later, he was taking a shower and getting ready....he wanted to go to the mall with me. HOW SWEET!!! Of course, I turned him down since today I needed to just zip in and out, but I thought it was so cool.

We had a really cool day just laying around watching movies. We also took our 32" tv in to get fixed (the sound doesn't work) and then we stopped by Rite Aid and bought ice cream and cones. Then we came home and had an ice cream party! Kristiaan got his own single scoop cone of Chocolate Malted Crunch. This boy LOVES ice cream!!! It was all over his face - he looked like Santa! When I get the film developed, I'll post a picture.

Tonight we went over to La Mirada Park and watched a movie. The community center does all these cool things. In the summer, they do concerts in the park every Thursday evening. This month and next, they are doing movies in the park. It's a really cool experience. We didn't really get into the movie much because Kristiaan was more into the playground, but that's okay, it was fun anyways. We saw Hidalgo tonight...we'll watch it on Pay-Per-View later so we can really get into it. I am excited about next week though, because they are showing The Little Rascals...which I have never seen.

No comments: