Wednesday, September 15

One Down!

As of yesterday I have completed my first blanket to sell. Have I mentioned what I am doing before? If you are familiar with ragtime quilts, you know how cute they are all fringed and frayed...well, my friend Gabbie and I had made a few this last year and got an amazing response over how adorable they looked. So, we had this great idea to make and sell them! When it came down to it, we both had a lot of other things going on and decided that it would be better to work on it in our own ways and businesses. Since I have always wanted to have my own business, I see ths as an outlet where I can run with it, whereas Gabbie would rather do it more as a hobby on the side. So, we'll get together a few times a year and do a show together or something and I will be focusing on selling to boutiques and maybe online.

So, that's my story and it really felt so good to finally start yesterday! I think starting is the biggest step for me becasue I get intimidated until I am in the door.

Tonight Aaron and I are going to a pastor's class at our new church. We'll learn about the church's history, direction and ministries. I am really looking forward to it since I really love this church. I really can't wait to get involved.

No comments: