Thursday, September 2

Feeling Better

So, that whole sinus thing has been contained. By today, I feel much better. I am on Sudafed 24/7, but I feel 10x better! I was supposed to get in to see the doctor late this afternoon, but since the pain in my ear has disappeared and I am able to function during the day, I'll just pass and keep on self-medicating (heehee).

Today, I am dying to finish the bumpers I have been making for Kristiaan's bed. I know that at this point, bumpers are pretty much useless and may only serve as a ladder in which Kristiaan can climb out of the crib...but I really want to finish his nursery, and the bumpers are part of that. I bought all this amazing fabric and it would be such a shame to not use it. However, last night, when I was looking at finally finishing them, I realized that the pattern that I used just won't work for the crib. It's all wrong as far as where the seams will go...which won't land in all the corners (AUGH!!!) So, I am going to take it all apart and just start again, this time making the bumper 4 different pieces. That way, I can just take off the front piece or if I have to wash one side, I don't have to end up washing the whole thing. Besides, if we ever have another boy, I will probably use this nursery style again since Kristiaan hasn't gotten much use out of it.

1 comment:

Julie said...

glad you are felling better!