Tuesday, September 20

Changing Weather.

I cannot believe the thunderstorms that we have been having over the last 20ish hours. I lay awake all night listening to the boom of thunder as our room lit of with the flash of lightening...then came the rain pounding down in huge drops. I was so afraid that Kristiaan would wake up and climb out of his bed looking for me in the dark. Seriously, the sound of the thinder was so frequent that sometimes I could hear it overlapping! I think it is a bit odd for this time of year, but with all the hurricanes and such on the east coast, maybe this storming isn't such a surprise.

This morning I attended the women's Bible study at our church. We are starting a new study and it is about how to study the Bible. This morning was the introduction and I gained so much! We are going to using some techniques as we study through the book of Philippians. I can't wait! In my weekly accountability group, we have been studying through 1 John using the same type of studying technique and so I was encouraged that we were using a good system.

Today my younger sister, Christa and her husband have an appointment for "THE" ultrasound. They are hopingto find out the gender of their baby - due in February. I am really excited to find out what they are having! In fact, they are at their appoinment as I type this. This baby will be my second neice/nephew. I just love being an auntie!

I wanted to write a disclaimer about my last post. I have been thinking about it every time I am reading blogs and I have been bothered by my suggestion that we accomplished the meeting of our needs on our own...especially after my other post about God being faithful. I do this a lot in conversation...saying one thing and then in another conversation, my thoughts aren't consistant with the former. My disclaimer being that once again, it is the Lord who is faithful and orchestrated such great bargains for us to discover at the time that we needed new clothes. I don't want to fall in the lifestyle of praising God on minute and then patting my own back the next. Sorry about the contradiciting thoughts.

No comments: