Monday, August 2

How 'Bout Them Apples?

I have like 100 apples sitting on my kitchen counter right now...okay, maybe like 50, but I am going to make applesauce! We were down in Julian yesterday and Aaron's parents have these huge apple trees with a TON of apples just falling to the ground! So, I picked a few...then a few more. Kristiaan loves applesauce and I love to try making new things, so I think I'll try the canning thing and make a few jars of applesauce and pie filling. If my first attempt goes well, I'll get a couple boxes when we go back down in a couple weeks.
Speaking of trying new things, I love the whole plant and flower thing and yet I have nothing close to a green thumb (my only house plant looks like it got thrown in the garbage disposal!) So, here I am with limited knowledge about the plant thing and I am trying to transplant two rosebushes in my front yard! The scary part is, these rose bushes are kinda old, so I have no idea what kind of root structure lies beneath. I guess if I kill them, then I'll have an excuse to buy more.

No comments: