Friday, November 12

Fabric, Fabric, and Great Jeans!

Gretchen and I took Kristiaan to the Happy Hollow Zoo today. It has been a beautiful day, and the perfect weather to walk around the zoo. Kristiaan loved all the cool animals. It's just a really small, but fun place to go...no elephants, or bears and stuff, just medium sized things. We saw wallabies, monkeys, a jaguar, alpaca, zebu (which have a ton of weird humps on their backs), and this really small type of deer with long fang type teeth. There were also some reptiles and other birds. It took us about an hour to look at everything thoroughly, but Kristiaan had sooo much fun! I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

Today, I bought 17 yards of fabric! We were at JoAnn Fabrics and they were having a sale on their flannel: $1.99 per yard. Unfortunately, it wasn't on all their flannel, as they have several types of flannel, so the deal was only on the solid types. That's okay though! I always need solids to round out my blankets. So, I got about 12 yards of solid, and then splurged on a few prints that cost more than Walmart or M&L (even on sale).

I have been in search of a pair of jeans that fit me for months now. They are either too short, too small on the hip area, too big in the waist...yadda, yadda, yadda. So, a month or so ago, I found a pair at the Gap that fit beautifully! However, they were $60.00! I know, it's not that much compared to what things cost nowaday....but I am used to getting great bargains. In a last minute decision today, I asked Gretchen if we could just go to Walmart and look at their jeans (the ones I have now are from there). So, we did and GUESS WHAT???? I got not just one, but THREE pairs of jeans, a cute fleece top, AND a new purse all for the price of the one pair of jeans at the Gap! That's the joy of bargain shopping.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Bargain Shopping is definantly the best. I've always had a hard time getting jeans that fit right! Lowrise have been the best thing for me. I always had that hip to waist problem too - to tight in the hips - to loose in the waist - what do they think us women are - straight - not curvey - get real people