Monday, August 27

10 Day Vacation.

Yeah, right. If only our family was able to take vacations! At this point in our lives, the kids are too little, too needy and where in the world would we go and be able to afford it???? Oh well, I really am not too disappointed. However, in the 10 days I have been absent from Blogger, a lot has been going on here in the Voss household.

The first being that my sister Monica came to visit! It's was her 23rd birthday on the 18th and so she decided to grace the So Cal sisters with her presence. On Saturday night, we congregated at Christa's and had a nice birthday dinner for Monica. Here is the bag that I made her:

It's a "hand-tote" (aka: purse) and was the smallest one I have made yet. However, Monica likes smaller bags to carry around and so I made it just her size. Actually, my purses are pretty small too and I think I'll make myself one also! (visit my gallery for more pictures)

Anyhow, Monday, we went and spent almost an entire day at the Happiest Place on Earth....something we have not done for a long, long time. I mean, when you have passes you really only like to go for a couple hours at a time - at least we do. The rest of the week, I was sewing receiving blankets for the baby and prepping for our new housemate that moved in this weekend.

So, about the blankets...I have had all this really cute flannel in my closet that typically just sits there. When thinking about sewing and making stuff for Brayden, I decided that I would tap into my stash and make some really unique, one-of-a-kind receiving blankets. Besides, I had already bought the fabric a long time ago, so as far as I'm concerned - free blankets! I made 15 receiving blankets and 2/3 of them will be sets (blanket, burp cloth & bib). I'll post pictures when I get them done. Also on my list to construct for the baby is a custom diaper bag, ragtime quilt (for playing on the floor) and changing Kayla's carseat cover to one the looks like a boy!

In prepping for our new renter (a Biola senior graduating in December), I had to clean out the front room that I was using for my craft room. You know the story: where in the world am I going to put all this displaced stuff now???? So many hours these last few days were spent purging and reorganizing the hall closets, Kristiaan & Kayla's room, and our bedroom closet (where I usually keep all my craft stuff). Really, I think the nesting has set in and I just need a reason to go through all our stuff. You thought the purge urge a few weeks ago was only for the garage? Oh, that was just the beginning!

Okay, I know this post is super long...but I have to give my daily Kayla update: On Wednesday, she FINALLY decided to walk. Not just a step here and there, but full on walking! First it was half-way across the room, then it was a bit farther...now, she'll walk around the house (provided she was able to pull hersefl up on something first) until she loses her balance - which, of course, is improving everyday. Yay!!!

No comments: