I loooove purging! Cleaning out cabinets, closets, going though our stuff and getting rid of what we don't need or use - it's so exhilarating! Yesterday, Aaron and I cleaned out the garage. We had done a pretty big cleaning about 6 weeks ago and gotten rid of a jeep load of stuff. Yet, after the kids' birthday party 3 weeks ago, I noticed stuff was still hanging around and not being put away. Yesterday I proposed that we go through again and you would never guess - another whole jeep load of stuff!
I enjoy watching the shows on TV like Clean House and Clean Sweep, among others. I love seeing individuals lives changed through the purging of their junk! It really breaks my heart when I see people hanging onto things - and for the sake of what? They tote all this material baggage around with them, overwhelmed at the thought of having to organize it or put it away. I mean, on some of these shows, they won't even have guests over because their stuff has taken over their lives! My answer? Simplify!
Why be burdened with "things" here on earth? Are we not to be good stewards of the life that God has given us? Part of this means living simply, not accumulating for the sake of having stuff and taking care of the things that we do have. This does not mean that I am not sentimental of things, we do have a few boxes stored of special memories...but we keep them to a minimum. Memories cannot be relived no matter have much from that time period you keep! My advice to you, is free yourself of the burden of clutter and accumulation stuff so that you can focus on the more important things in life - PURGE! You'll feel better, I promise.
Sunday, August 12
Lighter Burdens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment