Monday, August 6

Helpful Tips.

One time, while watching Food Network, one of the chefs had given some great advice that I remembered when I was buying bulk chicken at Sam's Club this last week. The advice was to marinate your meat before freezing - that way, as it thaws it gets plenty of time to soak up all the great flavors!

Usually when I buy meat in bulk, I use Ziplock bags and divide up the chicken into 2-3 pieces per bag before popping them into the freezer. Well, this last week, I bought a big thing of chicken thighs and I remembered the marinating thing. So, after I divided up of pieces into quart-size bags, I looked through my fridge and chose several marinades. I love using salad dressing as a marinade, so I did one with Romano Basil Italian dressing and one with Asiago Peppercorn dressing. I also had some bottled marinade and did one Caribbean Jerk and one Baja Chipotle. This is seriously the easiest thing as all you have to do is just pour it into the bag with your meat, knead for a few seconds and then toss in the freezer. You can pretty much use any dressing, bbq sauce, bottled marinades, or make up your own concoction! Just be sure to write your marinade of choice on the bag with a Sharpie!

This morning I took my chicken selection out of the freezer and put in the fridge (or leave out on the counter for quicker thawing) and when Aaron got home, he just tossed it on the grill. It was sooooo good! Okay, would I be good for an infomercial or what? Just wait until tomorrow's post about my grocery shopping experience tonight!!!

In other news: the Princess cut her 3rd tooth today - top front left. Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Christa Blakey said...

Alicia-

Food Network is definitely the place for helpful tips! I turned it last week and Paula Dean was making s'mores on the grill...seemed kind of crazy but two days later I tried it. I made 45 of them for our high school beach night and they turned out so well, gooey and everyone loved them, especially because they didn't have to do any "work" to make them.

Thanks for the marinade idea, I'm going to try that next!