Tuesday, October 12

Broken Down Washing Machine

Well, I've gone and done it...I think I am responsible for breaking our washing machine. Yesterday, I had finally completed blanket number 6 and was REALLY dying to wash the blankets and get them all frayed and cozy-looking. I was planning on taking them to a laundrymat or something so that I wouldn't clog up our washer with all the loose threads. Here's the really bone-headed thing that I did. Rather than play it safe, and just wash one of the blankets at a time, I threw in all 6 at once! Uh-oh!

However, I am willing to debate over who is responsible (me or just the old machine) because the machine fills with water, it agitates, it drains...it just won't spin. Nevertheless, I am soooooo frustrated about the whole situation and I really need to do laundry and now I have to wait until our landlord can get someone out to look at it.

I think that if I ever do sell these blankets, I'll include washing instructions and just tell people to wash the blanket in a pillowcase, then shake it out before putting in the dryer.

No comments: