Well, the appliance repair guy came yesterday afternoon. It took him all of 15 minutes to fix the problem. I think he was Romanian, or...actually, I have a REALLY difficult time telling different races. All I know is that he wasn't Asian, Black, or Hispanic...but he did have a really heavy accent like he was from somewhere across the ocean (heehee). So, anyways, he said to me in this accent, "Have you been washing rocks?" I'm like rocks? Nooooo. Then he handed me a 1 inch thick, 1 foot long rope type thing, and I'm like "Oh, ropes!" Yeah, it was all the fringe from the 5 ragtime quilts that I washed all at once. They had so much loose thread from being fringed that it all wrapped around the drum of the washer. It seriously looked like a baby pink rope! Ahhh, the lessons we learn. However, I am happy to report that I can now do laundry again.
Last night we went to our second night of small group Bible study. We joined this group that just started up. The family whose house it is at lives really close to us...and it's kind of a family centered environment meaning that we can alal bring our kids and they just play. The house is really child proof and Kristiaan had no problem just making himself at home! We really like the small group so far. There are 4 couples and we meet and eat dinner, then we discuss the sermon that our pastor preached on Sunday, using a guideline that the pastor types up for the small groups. It's really informal yet good to be studying the Word together.
Tonight, Aaron and I are going to go to the church and try out the men's and women's Bible studies. The women's Bible study meets on Tuesday morning, Tuesday night, or Thursday night. Aaron and I really don't want it to be that one or the other of us is gone during the week, so we thought that it would be best if we just go on the same night. Unfortunatley, our church is still so new and on the smaller side that childcare isn't always provided for everything. So, the Normans, a wonderful Christian family that we know, are going to "adopt" Kristiaan every Thursday night so that we can go to Bible Study. They already have 9 children that they adpoted from Russia, so why not one more for a couple hours?
Thursday, October 14
It's Official.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)












No comments:
Post a Comment